ROPEWAY SYSTEMS FOR TOMORROW’S MOBILITY.
URBAN MOBILITY IS THE CONCEPT
FOR TOMORROW’S WORLD
Urban areas are increasingly pushing the limits in terms of the challenges they face. Conventional transport systems are far from sufficient to guarantee long-term mobility. The city of the future will therefore rely on a transport infrastructure which enhances its attractiveness while reducing congestion – and that means ropeways.
They provide a valuable addition to conventional forms of transport such as automobiles, buses, streetcars and subways by closing gaps in the network. Ropeway-propelled transport systems can cross obstacles and link up urban districts. They are space-saving, safe and environmentally friendly. And what’s more, ropeways are an important factor when it comes to enriching a city’s appeal and boosting its competitiveness.
Rope-propelled transport systems offer a wide range of solutions to urban transport problems. They can be used to an extend existing system or as a means of passenger transport in their own right. They are increasingly providing a cost-effective option when it comes to completing the services offered by the local transit network.
URBAN ROPEWAYS – BENEFITS
- New possibilities for urban planners
- Impressive positive ecological footprint thanks to no exhaust emissions and no smog
- Low energy consumption with high transport capacity and low operating costs
- Congestion-free mobility
- Safest transport system in the world
- Dedicated plane of travel
- Barrier-free transport system
- High transport capacity of up to 5000 passengers per hour and direction
- Continuous passenger transport
- Unique ride experience for passengers
- Low space requirements
- Cost-effective and high operational efficiency
- Simple link-up with other transport systems
Here you can find just some of the projects where CCS has been involved. This reference list is continually being updated. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions regarding any of these projects. Our specialists will be only too happy to be of assistance.
Koblenz Cable Car
|Transport capacity:||7600 P/h (3800 in each direction)|
Site coordination, operation management and
maintenance. One CCS team member as employee of
Skyglide Event Deutschland GmbH.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|Transport capacity:||2000 P/h (1000 in each direction)|
Technical inspection and start-up,
training of operating crew.
|Stops:||2 (Mariche Tramo Expreso)|
|Stops:||3 (Mariche Tramo Local)|
|Transport capacity:||4000 P/h (2000 in each direction)|
Planning, start-up, training of operating crew.
Emirates Airline Cable Car
|Transport capacity:||5000 P/h (2500 in each direction)|
Operation, shift management and maintenance. One CCS team member as employee of Doppelmayr Cable Car UK Ltd.
CCS is always your competent point of contact, no matter which area your project involves. You can be sure of comprehensive services of the highest quality as well as access to them from anywhere in the world. And you can rely on an experienced team, a comprehensive network and our business expertise.
- Feasibility studies
- Drafting of / assistance with (public) invitations to tender
- Opening of bids / contract award
- Project management / project coordination
- Technical commissioning / start-up
OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE
- Ropeway operations management
- Preventive and corrective maintenance
- Technical resource management
- HR management
- Personnel training
- Fare structures and selection of ticketing systems
- Business and operations audits
- Health and safety advice and workplace assessments
- Non-destructive testing
- Cost optimization, benchmarking, controlling
- Expert opinion
- Business valuations
- Clearing for ticket networks